Firefox Cut/Paste Fix
Firefox has a security "enhancement" to protect users' private information that prevents unprivileged scripts from doing a Cut, Copy, or Paste command in the Mozilla rich text editor. Blackboard uses the rich text editor, so you will not be able to use the cut-paste commands without doing a modification to Firefox.
To modify Firefox to allow Cut/Paste in Blackboard:
- Quit Firefox (you may want to open this page in another browser). If you have Quick Launch running (in Windows, an icon in the toolbar), quit that too.
- Download this user.js file and Save as:
- On Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows login>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<the folder>.
- On Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/ (where xxxxxxxx is some random text)
- Restart Firefox and go to Blackboard. You should now be able to use the cut and paste windows.