How to handle multiple sections/CRNs in your gradebook
It can be very convenient to handle all your sections in a single Blackboard course because it means you only upload the content once. However the gradebook can become very cumbersome. Here's a way to make that a little easier for you.
- Go to the Grade Center and click Create Column above the grade table.
- Set Column Name to "CRN," "Section," or another helpful label.
- Set Primary Display = Text
- Set Category = No Category
- Set Points Possible = 0
- Set Show this Column to Students = No
- Set Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations = No
- and press Submit
Then go to the gradebook and manually enter in the CRN that each student is registered for. After they're all entered sort on this column and it will list the students alphabetically within each CRN and you can grade them from there.