ATUS Mission and Objectives
ATUS is dedicated to supporting the effective integration of technology into all aspects of teaching and learning at Western. We do that by providing our faculty, student and staff constituency with support for
- All types of technology for teaching, both in and out of the classroom;
- Robust technologies and training resources for student learning;
- Comprehensive and reliable desktop computing, computer account, and network services.
We take our commitment to service seriously and strive to inculcate customer service values into all of our activities. We want to hear your comments when we fail to live up to our standards. We are committed to an ongoing dialogue with the campus about needed priorities for our services, while at the same time providing leadership in adoption of emerging technologies for teaching and learning. Please feel free to contact the ATUS Director if you have any comments or suggestions about ATUS services.
- Increase the level of support for the effective use of technology in the teaching/learning process. This includes enhanced support for faculty development and use of technology-assisted teaching methods, support for student use of technology for learning, and development of the technology infrastructure for teaching and learning.
- Support the transition to web-based technologies for both academic and administrative use. This goal includes enhancement of Blackboard services, support of effective on-line learning techniques, the provision of automated web self-help services, and the development and implementation of new web services campus-wide.
- Better integrate technology resources into all aspects of academic life on campus. Examples of objectives within this goal include: providing seamless access to all administrative and academic information resources; providing easy-to-use linkages between desktop computers email, student/staff portals and information systems; expanding access to information resources in a mobile environment; and supporting acquisition of innovative technologies for teaching, learning and academic administration.