Outlook 2003 is no longer being supported by ATUS. You should upgrade Office to the latest version, Office 2010, soon to be Office 2013 in June 2013. This is a free upgrade for all state-owned computers. Please contact the ATUS Help Desk to submit a ticket for a consultant to upgrade your computer.
If you are using Outlook 2003 at home, you will need to make the following changes for Outlook to work with our new Exchange 2010 upgrade starting in early March 2011. Please contact the ATUS Help Desk if you have any questions.
- In Control Panel, open the Mail item.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Select your profile, and then click Properties.
- Click E-mail Accounts.
- Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange Server account, and then click Change.
- In the dialog box that contains your mailbox server and user name, click More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Click to select the Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server check box, and then click OK.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Click Close, and then click OK.
Run in Cache Mode
In Outlook, go to the menu bar Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > click Next > Change > check the Use Cached Exchange Mode box > click Next > click Finish.