ActiveSync is a protocol used to connect mobile devices to the WWU Exchange email server.
- Server type: Exchange 2010
- Email address: First.Last@wwu.edu
- Server Address: web.cms.wwu.edu
- Username: wwu\userID (do not include wwu\ if a domain field is present)
- Domain: wwu (if present)
- SSL is required
Once the Exchange Email account is setup through ActiveSync, the Exchange Calendar is also automatically setup. This will either show up in the "Corporate Calendar" app for Motorola Droids running 2.1, or as an additional calendar that can be turned on or off in the regular "Calendar" app for phones running Android 2.2.
Beginning 2.14.2011: Due to the university's upgrade to Exchange Server 2010, phones previously connected to Exchange may need some actions taken.
- Droid X currently experiencing issues connecting to Exchange
- Other phones running Android OS may need to have email account removed and re-added
- iPhone OS needs to be up to at least 4.2.1