BullsEye Targeted Messaging
BullsEye is a tool that allows faculty and staff to send targeted messages or announcements to various groups within Western's community. Recipients can be selected by uploading Western ID numbers or by selecting appropriate academic disciplines.
Request permission to send via BullsEye by sending an email request to ATUS.Accounts@wwu.edu
- Logging In
- Point your browser to: http://bullseye.wwu.edu
- Login with your Active Directory (often referred to as Outlook) username and password. If you don't have one, please request one using this form and it will be created for you.
- Announcements and Targeted Messages (E-mail)
At this point you can to choose to:
- post an announcement to all users of MyWWU (faculty/staff web portal) and/or MyWestern
(student web portal)
- post an announcement to a select group of students on MyWestern based upon CRN or
- upload a list of Western ID numbers (W#s)
If you are familiar with BI-Query or job submission, you can use one of those to generate a list of W#s.
- Sending an email message to the entire student body requires approval from the President or
- Creating a Message
If you are not sure what to input for a message field, use the online help accessed by clicking on the icons.
This publication is available in alternate formats upon request.
ATUS Help Desk • Haggard Hall 123 • 360.650.3333
firstname.lastname@example.org • http://helpdesk.wwu.edu/
- Helpful Tips
- From and Reply To fields:
For email you need to provide a valid wwu.edu address in the From and Reply To
fields. For MyWWU you only need a valid Reply To address.
- From field:
The email address you enter in the From: field will be the email address that all recipients will see in the email message.
- Reply To field:
The email address you enter in the Reply To: field will be the mailbox it which all replies will be sent.
We recommend using a word processor with spell check to compose your message and subject and then paste the text into the fields in BullsEye.
Smart quotes are not interpreted correctly by the system and will appear as question marks in the body of your message. If you have quotation marks in your text, you
will either want to turn off "smart quotes" in your word processor program or paste your text into Notepad before pasting it into BullsEye.
Bullseye does not support HTML tags.
If you have an associated link in the body of your message, use the full address (e.g., http://helpdesk.wwu.edu).
- Only select 'Log in GURMAIL' if you already know what this means.
- Carefully review your message on the Confirm screen before you click Send.
- What to expect after you've submitted your message
If you need additional assistance, please contact the ATUS Help Desk at email@example.com or by
calling 650.3333 (or just x3333 from on-campus).
- If you've created a MyWWU announcement you can expect it to be available in MyWWU
about 5 minutes after you've submitted it. One thing to note is that anyone currently logged
into MyWWU will NOT see your message until they refresh their browser.
- Email messages are sent out at approximately :01 and :31 after the hour, 24 hours per day,
seven days per week.
- Expect your From: address to receive a number of returned messages from invalid or over
- Some of the email sent may be tagged as SPAM – keep track of the messages that are
getting tagged this way and we can help work out a means to reduce this occurrence.