Microsoft Office at WWU
Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows and Microsoft Office 2011 for Macintosh are available for installation on university-owned computers thanks to our Microsoft Campus Agreement.
To request installation of Office 2010 or Office 2011 or for information about the Microsoft Home Use Program, please email Software.Services@wwu.edu.
Microsoft Office 2013 is currently being tested for compatibility with University enterprise systems.
Information below includes
Microsoft Office 2010 in Labs and Classrooms
What's included in Office 2010
What's included in Office 2011 for Mac
Microsoft Office Home Use Program
Known issues at WWU
Online Training Resources
Microsoft Office 2010 is installed in general university classrooms and labs. Unless upgrade issues are encountered, Microsoft Office 2013 will be installed in general university classrooms and labs beginning Fall Quarter 2013.
Office 2010 Pro Plus includes:Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Communicator, InfoPath, OneNote, SharePoint Workspace.
Office 2011 for Mac inculdes Word 2011, PowerPoint 2011, Excel 2011, and Outlook 2011.
Faculty and staff are eligible to purchase one copy of Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows or Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac through the Microsoft Office Home Use Program (HUP).
Free Microsoft Software for WWU Students
WWU students can download Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows for no charge through a trial program funded by Information Technology Services. For program information, go to www.wwu.edu/ms-student.
Microsoft Office 2010 has been tested with many, but not all, university systems, hardware and peripheral devices. Please consider the known issues below before installing Office 2010, and let us know if you experience these or other issues.
- Testing indicates that Office 2010 work best with CallPilot version 5.00.41.67
- CallPilot fax capability is currently not supported on Windows 7 x64 workstations
- Outlook has “crashed” due to add-ins, including the PDF Converter 6.0 Add-in and the Microsoft Outlook Social connector addin.
- Addins can be disabled by going to File > Options > Addins.
- Outlook can be started in Safe Mode by holding the CTRL key when starting the application.
- Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) feature is not included with Office 2010.
- ThomsonReuters EndNote Versions prior to X4 are not compatible with Office 2010 or Office 2011.
For more information, contact ATUS Software Services at 650-3159.