SMART Notebook Software Installation
SmartNotebook software is available for use with SMARTboard devices owned by Western Washington University. The software is installed on classroom computers in rooms with SMARTboards, and on laptops in the Classroom Services check-out pool.
For information on using interactive whiteboards at WWU, go to www.wwu.edu/atus/iboard.
The SMART Notebook software can be installed on any computer used by WWU faculty, staff and students for use with SMART Technologies devices only.
A registration code is required within 30 days of installation. To receive the registration code, email Software.Services@wwu.edu.
Instructions are below for an internet installation. Networked university-owned computers can also access the software from the WWU network. Email ATUS Software Services for network installation instructions.
- Go the the Smart Technologies download page.
- Under SMART Notebook collaborative learning software, click Choose a version.
- Select the latest version for your operating system, for example, 10.8 for Windows or 10.8 for Mac.
- On the SMART Notebook page for your operating system, click Download.
- Provide the registration information requested, including your email address, then click Start Download.
If you are notified that the download has been blocked due to security settings, click to allow the download
- If provided the option, you can either Run the download, or Save the file. Be sure that you will be able to locate the file when the download is complete.
- When the download is complete, locate the file if necessary, then click to begin the installation.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation. When prompted, choose to install SMART Notebook and SMART Product Drivers.
- Request a Registration Code from ATUS Software Services.