To Re-authorize an existing Installation of SPSS for the 2012-2013 Academic Year
Only non-network installations need to be re-authorized.
This generally includes university-owned laptops and work-at-home installations.
Verify that an existing SPSS installation is a non-network installation:
Choose Start > All Programs, then click SPSS or IBM SPSS
- If a License Authorization Wizard is available, it is a non-network license and will need to be re-authorized each year.
- If a Commuter License Option is available, it is a network license and no re-authorization is needed
- Contact ATUS Software Services or your departmental technical support staff to obtain a license key.
- With the license key available, choose
Start > All Programs > IBM SPSS Statistics 19 > License Authorization Wizard
Start > All Programs > SPSS Inc > PASW Statistics 18 > PASW Statistics 18 License Authorization Wizard
(the exact options may vary depending on your operating system)
If asked to allow the program to make changes to your computer, choose Yes
- Click Next
- Choose "License my product now", then click Next
- Input the license code provided to you.
Do Not Share This Code. Treat it securely as you would an important password!
- The Authorization Status should end with "Successfully processed all codes".
- Click Next, then Finish.
- The software will be licensed until June 30, 2013.