Download the printable .pdf version here.
The automated Outlook 2003 Installer icon is available via the WWU Applications icon on every campus-standard Desktop. To begin the upgrade or installation processes, follow the instructions under To install Outlook 2003 below. Please read the following before proceeding:
NOTE: Please read this section before continuing:
* Outlook 2003 is not compatible with Windows '98: Anyone still running Windows 98 is encouraged to upgrade to a more current version of Windows. Contact your technical support for upgrade information. Do not run the Outlook 2003 Installer.
Two Outlook/Office integration features will not work when Outlook 2003 is installed with versions of Microsoft Office older than Office 2003. To continue to use these features, you must first install Office 2003.
If you need these integration features in addition to the anti-spam features of Outlook 2003, you will need obtain a license for Office 2003 and install the full Office upgrade before doing this Outlook installation. Contact Software Services at 360-650-3159 for information.
*Macintosh users please note that although there is not an Outlook 2003 client available for the Mac, spam filtering can still be accomplished using the Outlook Web Access client. For instructions see the document Managing Your Junk Email Using the Outlook Web Access Client.
To install Outlook 2003:
• Close your currently running version of Outlook.
• Double-click the WWU Applications icon that appears on your desktop.
• Double-click on the All icon.
• Double-click on the Outlook 2003 Install icon
• The install process will begin immediately and should only take ten to thirty minutes depending on the current size of your mailbox.
• Your Outlook is now upgraded to the 2003 version.
If you have questions or problems, please contact the ATUS Help Desk at 360-650-3333 or your technical support staff for assistance.