Managing Your Junk E-mail Using the Outlook Web Access Client
Download the printable .pdf version here.
- Navigate to Web Access To Outlook Accounts
- Choose Click here to login to Outlook web Access. Note that interface and options on the pages that follow will differ depending upon which operating system and browser you are using:
Macintosh users please note:
When Mac users login to Outlook Web Access, they should add a wwu\ in front of their username using the formant wwu\username instead of just entering their username. This will help avoid possible problems moving between pages and following in-line hyperlinks on Western’s pages.
- Click on the Option Button.
- Select the check box Filter Junk E-mail.
- Click the Manage Junk E-mail Lists button.
- You will be able to manage your Safe Senders, Safe Recipients and Blocked Senders lists in the window that appears. Outlook Web Access 2003 (Premium) users will need to select which list to manage from the View or Modify list drop-down menu. Note that the Safe Recipients list can be used for addresses of mailing lists that you wish to participate in where the mail is addressed to the list name rather than directly to your address.
- Use the Add, Edit, and Remove buttons to modify the selected list. You can type in the whole email address or just the domain name (the last part of the address beginning with the @ sign) to choose all senders from a particular location. Using copy and paste makes this work easier.
- You should enter a check mark in the Trust e-mail from your Contacts check box.
- You can also limit email to only safe senders list. By putting check in Treat all e-mail as junk… box.
- When finished Web Premium users click on the OK button.
- All users should then click the Save and Close button at the top of the window to save their work.