Stimpson Family Papers were donated to the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies
by Edward W. Stimpson, Catharine R. Stimpson, Mary S. Rivkin, Susan Trimingham,
Jane Bremner, Caroline MacDonald, and John K. Stimpson after the death of their
mother, Catharine C. “Kitty” Stimpson. The
records, originally housed in the Stimpson home, were transferred to the Center
over the summer of 1998.
The collection was processed by
Megan Sibbert for the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies,
2001.Additions integrated by Rainbow Koehl, May 2007.
Restrictions on Access
At the request of the donors, the following access and publication restrictions apply
to the collection:
1. The pre-1945 material is open to qualified researchers.
2. The post-1945 material is closed pending further notice.
3. All material about Arthur and Margaret Watts remains closed until
4. All researchers must obtain permission from the family donor
committee to quote from any portion of the collection until 2022.
5. Access to the collection is limited to qualified researchers for
the purpose of scholarship. Access to the collection for non-academic
research must be approved by a committee of donors.