The Biology program generally admits only in the Fall Quarter. However, Spring Quarter admission may be possible by special petition. Please contact the Biology department before submitting the PDF application for an alternate term.
Applicants who wish to be considered for a Teacher Assistantship (TA)position must meet the Fall Quarter application deadline.
Applicants who are interested in Marine and Estuarine Science specialization within the Biology program please see MESPBIO listing.
Degree: Master of Science
College: College of Science and Technology
Fall: February 1
- All complete applications received by the deadline will be given full admissions consideration.
- After the deadline, applications may be accepted on a space-available-basis.
- Contact the Graduate School before submitting an application after the deadline.
- WWU Graduate School Application
- Application Fee: $100.00
- Official Transcripts (1 from each institution attended, Unless applicant is a WWU Student)
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE scores
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship application (optional).
Biology Adviser Selection form is required of all applicants.
Research Interest/Identification of potential faculty advisor(s)- Should be addressed in Statement of Purpose.
General GRE required; GRE subject test in Biology is not required.
Please note: Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.Biology Program Website