Degree: Master of Science
College: College of Science and Technology
Fall: January 15
- All complete applications received by the deadline will be given full admissions consideration.
- After the deadline, applications may be accepted on a space-available-basis.
- Contact the Graduate School before submitting an application after the deadline.
- WWU Graduate School Application
- Application Fee: $100.00
- Official Transcripts (1 from each institution attended, Unless applicant is a WWU Student)
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE scores
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship application (optional).
Statement of Purpose specific guidelines: One- to two-page statement explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue graduate studies in geology, indicating which specialization the applicant is most interested in, and how the applicant sees this M.S. degree as fitting into his/her career goals. Any research or teaching experience should be described. The statement should indicate preferred faculty adviser(s) within the department. Students are encouraged to review faculty research interests as described on the Geology Department Web Site prior to contacting potential faculty advisers. Students are admitted into the program only upon agreement of a faculty adviser.
Please note: Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.Geology Program Website